Sunday, August 4, 2013

Furry Children & EOs

Our furry children are beloved members of our family, and why not look at them the same way we do ourselves? We have spoiled our first-born Boxer/Beagle mix, Chandler, just as much as our daughter, Klaire and try to use the best, most natural products with him as well.

To prevent fleas/ticks/etc., I applied frontline to the back of Chandler's neck each month like I was told.
After a couple of years, I noticed a hard bump slowly growing- and has now grown quite large. We've had it tested, and thank goodness it isn't cancerous. However, I am thinking it's not just a coincidence that a huge fatty tumor has grown in the same exact place I have been applying chemicals each month. Since discovering essential oils, I am now using Terrashield on Chandler, as a natural alternative. (HUGE cost savings too!)

My friend called me yesterday, and thankfully she had just received her Essential Oil kit the week before!! (way to be prepared for life's little emergencies). She lives on several acres of land, and her 2 dogs are so lucky to be able to run and enjoy the fields. Yesterday, her dogs got into a hornet's nest and one of them got bitten over 25 times on his leg and was limping from the pain...that just breaks my heart. She applied lavender and melaleuca to the many bumps. The oils worked so quick- she didn't even have time to take a before & after picture for me! Within an hour, the infected bumps had drastically de-swelled. (& saved her $ by avoiding a vet visit!)



 If a dog is small or medium, treat like a small child/toddler & Dilute oils when necessary.


No comments:

Post a Comment