Saturday, July 6, 2013

PINK EYE

We can eat as healthy as we like, and although sickness in our house is rare, every once in a while- life and bacteria throw us a curve ball. Klaire has never had pink eye in her life, but woke up a few days ago with a nasty case of it. Thankfully, I had the Essential Oils I needed, and whipped up a batch of "pink eye elixir." It was the first real time I had to trust the oils and hold myself back from immediately calling the Dr.
As you can see, 3 days later, I am glad I did ($30 copay and $10+ prescription savings):

The best part about it: no drops to put in a child's eye!
The recipe:
-1 drop of melaleuca + 1 drop of lavender, diluted in several drops of coconut oil
-apply very carefully AROUND the eye (not in the eye)- meaning on the top of the eyelid and under the eye
-repeat 4 times/day until symptoms are gone for a couple of days

*I also applied 1 drop of oregano oil to each foot at bedtime

http://www.mydoterra.com/fancyplantcy/

2 comments:

  1. How did you find this combo for treating pink eye??!!! Awesome tip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I'm so happy that I began using doTerra Essential Oils....There are a lot of resources on plant-based healing (blogs, etc.) and it's really easy to look-up when in a pinch. It's best to be prepared...so I have all the basic oils, and we use them all the time. Makes me feel FANCY! :)

    ReplyDelete