Sunday, July 7, 2013

Essential Oils

I've received several emails requesting more information, so I thought it would be helpful to post a little about Essential Oils.
Check out my current Medicine Cabinet! (Yes- that is ALL!)
Doesn't it seem so simple, practical, & FANCY?
doTerra Essential Oils are Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade, meaning they have no fillers or synthetic/harmful additives. 
(*keep in mind that I am only speaking about doTerra Essential Oils in this post as other health market Essential Oils are not CPTG)

What are they?
   -natural aromatic compounds found in plants; steamed distilled or cold-pressed extraction
   -50-70 times more powerful than herbs
   -powerful, safe, and without side effects (100% pure)
   -natural way to support our immune system/health

They KILL Viruses and Bacteria
   -Essential Oils CAN penetrate the cell membrane to kill viruses and bacteria (whereas Antibiotics can't)

There is an essential oil alternative for almost EVERYTHING in your medicine cabinet
     Here are just a few examples (some are single oils, and some are oil blends):
       -Lavender (neosporin, motrin, aleve, tylenol, pepto bismol, imodium AD, anti-itch lotion, calming aids)
       -Deep Blue (icy hot, aleve, tylenol, motrin, muscle pain)
       -Oregano (nyquil, dayquil, tums, tylenol, aleve, mylanta)
       -Breathe (nyquil, vapor ryb, benedryl, ashtma/allergy relief)
       -Peppermint (pepto bismol, imodium AD, tums, motrin, tylenol, aleve)
       -Melaleuca (dandruff shampoo, neosporin, chloriseptic abreva)
       -TerraShield (bug spray/insect repellent)
       -Purify (hand sanitizer)
       -OnGuard (sore throat, immune system booster)
       -DigestZen (constipation, diarrhea, acid re flux)
       -Slim & Sassy (weight loss aid)
       -Clearskin (anti-acne treatment)
       -Solace (female PMS, hormone balancing, menopause treatment)
       -Lemon (detox, cleansing, water retention, mood elevation, kidney/bladder)

How to use Essential Oils
   -Aromatic- breathe in or use a diffuser (kills germs in the air, opens airways, affects mood)
   -Topical- apply to feet (largest pores in the body) or troubled areas, for sensitivity, dilute or neutralize with fractionated coconut oil
   -Internal- this is specific to doTerra Essential Oils, under the tongue, in a gel capsule, or in water; relieves issues in the throat, digestive system,mouth, etc.

My testimonial
   With the right oils, and resources, Essential Oils really are easy & fun to use (and again, make me feel FANCY!). You do not have to start out with a whole arsenal like I already have (although I would recommend starting out with the basics so you're prepared when needed). You can slowly build your collection and customize them to your needs. We use them for acute (apply at the time and usually right on the troubled area) or chronic issues (more maintenance in the morning and before bed each day, i.e. allergies, sinuses, calming). Klaire LOVES them and has become a healer in our home too....she picks out which essential oils to diffuse each night and is learning names to apply when needed (like for a bug bite or bug spray or boo-boo). The best part is....a piece of my "Mommy guilt" has disappeared. I don't freak out when Klaire explores in the "medicine cabinet" because they are safe and beyond organic, and I feel good when applying them, knowing that there are no harmful side effects for her little developing body and organs. My body has already started to change and my allergies and sinus infection have almost completely disappeared. Did you know that for each antibiotic you take, it takes a MINIMUM of 3 months (and I've even heard up to 2 years) to replace the "good bacteria" in your gut that were killed? Clearly- I have A LOT of healing to do and I am so happy to be on my way. I'm glad to have discovered this when Klaire is little, before her immune system is all out of balance like mine.
   Just a few of the ways I've already been using them: cleaning, medicinal, food additives, purifying (this is important since I moved into a home that was smoked in), spa treatments (shampoo, lotion), wellness & supplements. There are a GAZILLION ideas and ways to use them! It's so exciting every time I learn something new (such as how to support issues like infertility, neurological disorders, hormonal balancing, etc.). I promise- if I can do it, you can do it!

If you want more information about doTerra Essential Oils, or want to attend an upcoming class/want a class schedule, please email me at gsgkandace@gmail.com. Also, watch greensmoothiegirl.com for events/classes in your area. I can also do a ZytoCompass Scan on you, which is biocommunication to measure your body's responses & biological preference for specific products. (It's really cool!)

http://www.mydoterra.com/fancyplantcy/

No comments:

Post a Comment